New England Litigation Technology Professionals (NELTP) invites you to attend our 2nd annual, NELTP Connect on May 30, 2019 at The State Room (60 State Street - Boston).
NELTP Connect is a conference of panel discussions bringing together industry experts and leaders with our community. Topics will include practical insight covering the latest trends in Future Lawyering, eDiscovery, Privacy and Money Laundering. The event will run for a full day (8:00 AM – 6:00 PM) and include breakfast, lunch and an end of day networking cocktail hour. We invite you to spend time with colleagues and collaborating with new ones!
8:00AM – 9:00AM Registration & Breakfast
9:00AM – 10:15AM Proportionality in eDiscovery – From Mobile Devices to TAR
- Woods Abbott, Director of eDiscovery, Raytheon
- Maura Grossman, Esq., Research Professor and Director of Women in Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Ontario and Principal, Maura Grossman Law
- Jonathan Sablone, Esq, Partner, Practice Group Co-Leader Commercial Litigation; Chair, eDiscovery & Digital Evidence; and Leader, Private Fund Disputes, Nixon Peabody
- George Socha, Managing Director, BDO USA
10:30AM – 11:45AM Anti-Money Laundering – New Battlegrounds for Due Diligence and Enforcement
- David D’Addio, Esq., Assistant United States Attorney, Cybercrime Unit
- Jessica Jackson, Esq., Sun Life. International Legal Compliance & U.S. Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Jack W. Pirozzolo, Esq., Sidley Austin LLP, Securities, White Collar, and Government Litigation and Investigation
11:45AM – 1:00PM Luncheon Speaker: Hon. F. Dennis Saylor IV
Judge Saylor was appointed as United States District Judge for the District of Massachusetts in 2004. Before his appointment, he was a member of the Boston law firm of Goodwin Procter LLP. He served as an assistant U.S. attorney in the District of Massachusetts from 1987 to 1990 and as special counsel and chief of staff to the Assistant Attorney General–Criminal Division of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. from 1990 until 1993. He is a graduate of Northwestern University and Harvard Law School.
Judge Saylor presided over the Central Division in Worcester from 2004 to 2012, when he was reassigned to the Eastern Division in Boston. He was appointed to a term on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court from 2011 to 2018, and served on the Committee on Defender Services of the Judicial Conference of the United States from 2009 to 2015.
Judge Saylor is an Adjunct Professor of Law at Boston University School of Law, where he teaches Trial Advocacy. He has also written and lectured on trial advocacy, including co-authoring a column on trial practice in Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly.
1:15PM - 2:30PM Discussion on Privacy
- Linn Freedman, Esq., CIPP/US, Chair Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Team, Robinson & Cole LLP
- Carl Hoffman, CEO & Chairman/Co-Founder, Basis Technology
- Wayne Matus, Esq. Co-Founder, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer at SafeGuard✓GDPR, past Managing Director, Group Legal and Group Investigations at UBS, and past head of Pillsbury Winthrop Privacy Law Group
- Michael Simon, Esq. Moderator
2:45PM - 4:15PM Trends in AI and Future Lawyering
- Catherine “Cat” Casey, Chief Innovation Officer, DISCO
- David A. Colarusso, Clinical Fellow, and Director of the Legal Innovation & Technology Lab, Suffolk University Law School
- Tom Gricks, Managing Director, Professional Services, OpenText
- Kelly Harbour, Director of Client Relations & Innovation, Goulston & Storrs
4:30PM – 6:00PM Cocktail Reception
This event would not be possible without the generosity of our sponsors:
Beacon Hill Legal
Space is limited!
Please note, you must register on our website to RSVP. Vendor members, you can now utilize this site for your annual dues as well (please note, renewals were recently sent). As space is limited, one person per vendor member will be permitted. Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you on May 30th!
The NELTP Board